Sebuah Eksperimen menyastrakan Alam, Cinta, Linguistik, dan Filsafat : Why is “Agathis” so Important for me?


         Many people ask me, what is Agathis? Why do I use the name Agathis on almost every social media  account, blog, or as initials at the end of my writing? I am sometimes amused to hear their guesses before I give the real answer. RY, a friend jokingly said that Agathis is Apatis (apathetic). That might is possible, considering the end of their sound phonetically are suspicious sounds.
       
        However, they are different phonemically. "Th" and "T" which both have manner of articulations "Fricative" but have different place of articulations and point of articulations namely Alveolar-voiceless and Interdental-voiced-Thank you Dr. Yusdi :D
       
        More deviant, my roommate thought that Agathis was my beloved's name. I never thought that the word agathis has a masculine image. So, one night I tried to imagine my lover (I mean the person I considered a lover even though he wasn't), then I correlated with the word Agathis.

        Then I gasped. The first two letters are also the first two letters in his name. Then, I imagined his beautiful eyes and matched my imagination with the charming word Agathis. Miraculously, they are the same.

        Then I wrote the word agathis on a white paper and I wrote his name next to the word. I saw them so beautifully paired. However, isn't love not present in that stupid way? Love is not made of quotes or concept-said Fathiya Izzati.

        After all, what is love when longing is only the gelatin that slips before it arrives in the mouth and reaches the stomach? 
        Well, let's end this broken heart paragraph.

        Even more extreme, one of my close friends who is also a teammate as well as my organizational partner thinks that agathis is a new ideology that I deliberately created because of my dissatisfaction with earlier philosophers.
       
        "If that is the case, what is the essence of that ideology?" I asked, giggling. "The combination of empiricism, positivism, and rationalism" she said. Are not the three ideologies representing the rejection of the scholastic age? means wrong, I admire Thomas Aquinas haha. If everyone is pleased to make agathis a notion, I would prefer if it represented the twentieth-century ideologies.
       
         What if we compare pragmatism with existentialism? Suitable, isn't it? However, my love for Frankfurt's theories cannot be agreed upon by Agathis to be able to criticize society. And see? after a semester studying philosophy, I'm not out of my mind.
       
        If agathis does not correlate with linguistics, love, or philosophy? So what is that?
     
       Agathis is half of me. That name is the destiny that has been accompanying me since last July 2013. My high school is indeed a forestry specialist so every new student is given a name related to forestry,  whether it's trees, animals, or related living things that will become identities for 10 orientation days.
       
       Agathis itself is the name of a tree. Maybe for many people this name is less familiar. However, Agathis is a very famous tree species.
commonly known as kauri or dammar, is a genus of 22 species of evergreen tree. The genus is part of the ancient Araucariaceae family of conifers, a group once widespread during the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, but now largely restricted to the Southern Hemisphere except for a number of extant Malesian Agathis. My Agathis is agathis borneensis, which originates from Borneo.

        After all, I still use Agathis until now as a representation of  myself in all aspects without ignoring the beautiful name my parents gave me. So, if one day you see a book published and the author named Agathis, that's my work.

Artikel ini tersedia dalam bahasa Indonesia dan bahasa Melayu. Silakan kontak saya jika anda ingin membaca versi lain.

Comments

  1. I'll give you an advice.
    Lebih baik buat beberapa paragraph (Kalo bisa satu paragraph isi 3-4kalimat), dari pada numpuk dalam satu paragraph, Gak enak dibaca sebagus apapun tulisannya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, can't wait your book ci 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Training Muslimah Creativity, Forstudi FP Hold an Entrepreneur Workshop

Sajak Mahasiswa baru

Being One of the Best Colleges in Indonesia, Water Installation in the Unand Lecture Building Has Not Been Adequate.